Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 85: Birthday celebrations

9 April 2012

I got up early on my birthday and helped tidy the last of the house before we left. Carl got me tickets to Karen O's Opera show at the Sydney Opera House 'Stop the Virgens' (can't wait!) and  made me a sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast. By about 9.30 we had hit the road.

We stopped and got the obligatory photo of me and the Port Stephens whale and within half an hour I was dozing in the back.


We got stuck in traffic and took a wrong turn so it took about 4 hours to get back. We stopped at a service station and I had an awful savoury muffin, i've had better birthday lunches but it could have been worse!


We got back around 2pm and went straight out again to meet Katie, Andrew and Indie-Rose in the Royal Botanical Gardens. We went to the Opera Bar for a birthday drink, exactly where we were that time last year. 


We went to Mantra, a restaurant on Woolloomooloo Wharf in the evening. We had lovely prawns, fish, steak and hand cut chips but unfortunately we were freezing cold sat outside. We had to try and eat quickly before our food went cold. They wouldn't let us move inside when we asked to so I can't say i'd recommend it. Having to wait a long time to get someone's attention to be served is never a good thing either. 

Still, all in all a nice birthday spent with special people. I got to speak to all of my family on Skype or on the phone including a Skype call with my Niece and Nephew who were on holiday in India. 2 more years until I hit the big one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment