Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 84: Port Stephens Day 4

For our last full day in Port Stephens we took it easy in the day enjoying the view from our balcony. In the late afternoon, Ian, Carl and I went for a wander to check out a different local beach.

I sat on the rocks and read my Richard Branson book and Ian and Carl played frisbee on the beach.



When we got back to the house we put on a great barbecue - fish, grilled vegetables and houlomi. A huge electrical storm hit just as we were almost finished cooking. It started pouring hard with rain so we had to come in and finish cooking inside. 

We had quite the feast, Ian bought us all some mini easter eggs and the boys bought me a birthday carrot cake, complete with candles. I had a mini bottle of bubbly to celebrate my birthday early and we settled in for the night to play cards. We played 'Hearts', Carl was the loser for the first game and myself for the 2nd. We were up until 2am finishing the 2nd game so I well and truly saw my birthday in!

No comments:

Post a Comment